The Clarion Media Group - which includes The Daily Dot, the leading internet culture publication, the acclaimed science magazine Nautilus, and the Phire influencer network - is looking to grow its sales team with an experienced Programmatic Sales Director (Freelance) to lead our programmatic sales efforts.
Today, CMG has a highly successful programmatic business, with healthy RPMs and a diverse set of advertiser solutions, including high-impact display and video, but we have tremendous opportunities for growth in building more PMP and Programmatic Guaranteed revenue. The Sales Director will be responsible for driving and supporting PMP / PG sales via a consultative approach combined with a deep technical knowledge of the programmatic market.
The Clarion Media Group reaches 25.1 million monthly unique visitors, with 39.6 million social followers, 1.7 million email subscribers, and 50 million monthly video views.
This is a part-time freelance position, with both base payment + commissions and the potential to expand into a full-time staff position.
Austin, TX or Remote
What You’ll be Doing
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on the programmatic marketplace
- Partner with Director of Ad Operations to strategically leverage data, insights, and technology to build successful programmatic client solutions across CMG’s digital footprint
- Onboard, manage, and drive PMP/PG sales across new and existing programmatic clients
- Work in conjunction with the CMG sales team to drive programmatic revenue with agency and client partners
- Grow and oversee a robust programmatic sales pipeline, maintaining direct relationships with trading desks, programmatic marketers, and agency buyers
- Use Boostr (ad sales CRM) to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly and annual quotas
- Stay up to date on key industry events, trends, and emerging ad technologies and make CMG as an organization smarter about the programmatic marketplace
What You’re Bringing to the Position
- You have 3+ years of programmatic ad sales experience, with a strong understanding of the programmatic marketplace, PMP and programmatic guaranteed deals, techniques, agencies, partners, and data-driven sales
- You’re skilled in developing relationships with digital media agencies, trading desks, programmatic platforms, and in-house programmatic marketers
- You have the proven ability to work closely with programmatic buyers and get them to not just set up PMPs (with CMG) but to regularly buy (with us) as well
- You have a track record of success in meeting and exceeding sales goals
- You’re a self-starter with ability to build relationships, thrive in a start-up-like environment, and create opportunities
- You have strong communication, relationship, writing, and presentation skills
- You possess an attention to detail, love problem-solving, and provide the highest level of execution on behalf of clients
- You have a passion for journalism, digital media, emerging platforms, and storytelling
Clarion Media Group recognizes the value of the broad and rich variety of experiences, ideas, and skills our team members bring to the business. Beyond compliance with government regulations, we foster diversity by encouraging an environment that taps the full potential of each employee consistent with the Clarion Media Group’s high standards of performance. We believe that there is an ongoing benefit to our families, employees, and community when Clarion Media Group supports a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity/transgender status, or veteran status.